Start One Month Before Moving:
- Gather moving supplies; boxes, tape, rope /string. Old newspapers are always handy for wrapping breakable goods before boxing.
- If moving far away, make any necessary travel arrangements like airline, hotel, and rental car reservations.
- Select a removing company.
- Finalize real estate and apartment rental needs.
- Place legal, medical, and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
- Give the post office your new mailing address. You can also ask the post office to forward your mail to your address.
- Give your mailers your new address.
- Remember to notify all your friends and family of your new address.
- Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions must also be notified.
- Charge card and credit card companies.
- Doctors, dentists, and other service providers.
- Provincial and Federal Tax authorities and any other government agencies as needed.
- Save moving receipts (many moving expenses are tax deductible).
- Make maps of your new neighborhood to familiarize yourself and your family with your new area.
- Plan your moving budget.
Two Weeks Before Moving:
- Inform gas, electrical, water, cable, telephone services of your move.
- Remember to sign up for services at your new address!
- Recruit moving-day help.
- Confirm travel reservation.
- Arrange to close or transfer your bank account, if needed.
- Keep the following supplies and accessories on hand:
- Boxes, all sizes
- Bubble wrap or other cushion material
- Marking pens
- Tape measure
- Furniture pads or old blankets
- Packing tape & scissors
- Money & credit cards
- Label each box with the room in the new home to which it
should be delivered.
- Number the boxes and keep a list of what is in each box.
- Clearly mark Fragile items.
- Pack a bag of personal items you’ll need during the move (change of clothes, toiletries, medicine, maps, food & drinks). Keep it in an easy-to-find place when you pack.
- Keep a Medical Kit accessible.
- If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip.
ENJOY YOUR MOVE!
We Will Take Care Of The Moving